Storage of wood fuels
Different storage strategies are needed for roundwood, firewood, chips or wood pellets. For the first three assortments seasoning is very important: reducing the moisture content to a level that make the fuel better suited for burning. For wood pellets the name of the game is to keep them as dry as when they arrived.
Read more here:
Getting the most out of your Firewood (pdf 212Kb) . Handling and using wood fuels in a safe manner with regard to Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Recommendations for storage of wood pellets, Irish edition
- Storage of Short Rotation Coppice Willow fuel.
- Guidelines for designing a wood pellet storage facility.
- Forest storage and seasoning of conifer and broadleaf whole trees.
- Storage and seasoning of conifer and broadleaf firewood.
- Long term storage and seasoning of conifer energy wood.
- Getting the most out of your Firewood
- Handling and using wood fuels in a safe manner with regard to Carbon Monoxide (CO)