Documents and publications about the wood energy sector produced by COFORD
Recommendations for storage of wood pellets, Irish edition. Download PDF (pdf 2,176Kb)
The original guideline was produced in German by the German Wood Fuel and Pellet Association (DEPV), and Pieter Kofman has now translated it into English. The guideline is aimed at the private builder who wishes to construct pellet storage facilities. The document is 30 pages long and is easy to read with good use of images and diagrams. The guideline includes the following sections:
• Certified fuel
• Storage of wood pellets – This includes the location of the storage room, accessibility of the pellet storage silo and the filling operation.
• Purpose-built storage facilities – detailed information is provided on the requirements of purpose-built storage systems.
• Construction examples of purpose-built silo systems – This chapter covers aboveground mountings, silos for below-ground storage and examples of storage systems.
• Homemade storage systems – Detailed information is included that allows one to investigate alternative homemade storage methods.
• Construction examples of pellet silos – Four different construction examples are described.
• Measuring systems for silos – Two different methods are briefly explained.
• Fire protection measures at the silo – This is mostly explained through the use of diagrams that explain what actions need to be carried out.
A CD with the two installer files can be obtained from COFORD at a small handling cost of €25 - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The offer is only valid for persons in the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland. For people from outside Ireland who would like to use the software, please contact email@example.com for more information. If you have any questions, please ask Pieter D Kofman.
COFORD Connects Notes are easy to read short publications on a limited subject. Only those Notes a that relate to wood energy are listed here, otherwise consult www.coford.ie.
Click HERE for a list of pdf links to COFORD Connects notes on various aspects of wood energy
Click HERE for links to publications and reports on wood energy, produced by COFORD